ADD1

Thursday, December 13, 2012

COLOSSAL BRIBE: I Was Raped By Aviation Staff At The Airport

Any time I remember these people, I always know My curse will follow them. I was to board plane to Malaysia to further my study (Masters) when this Emirate counter officials stated asking me for document that is not even relevant for my kind of journey.  I was admitted to study in a public University in Malaysia so as for me to upgrade my status when the government has failed to provide job for us. I managed to gather a little money through the help of family members and the little I could through the little work I did with an uncle. On getting to these corrupt people for check in, the first question they asked was how much was I traveling with. Initially I felt embarrassed for the kind of question and told them an amount that was lesser to what I was traveling with. To my surprise, they said I will not be able to travel because I don't have sufficient money with me for my up keep when I get to Malaysia. I reverted my statement by telling them I had more than that when they started giving me problem. On hearing I have much more money, they were requesting for a document that I did not need. I told them such document was not sent to me and Perhaps, my school is a Federal school that does not need such and if I needed it, they would have requested for it when I was processing my visa and I wouldn't have been given visa.  These people continued  threatening me and said I can not travel without that. Eventually, all I saw was that people were giving them money at the back and they were allowing them to pass while on standing. I felt so embarrassed as a Nigeria. Eventually one of them came to me in one side I was standing and said I will have to settle my self otherwise, I will miss my plane. I asked him how much I have to bring and he said $300. I told him to put me into his condition that I suffered to gather the little money I am traveling with as a student, I am not  a politician's student, where will I get such money. He left me standing and attending to others. I thought of calling Police but police also collected 500naira before allowing me in, I thought  of calling custom but they also collected N1000 too after checking my luggage, I had to call him and pleaded with him to collect N5000 which he refused. After serious begging, he collected N10,000 and they later clear my document and allowed me in. I felt like crying and cursed them. The immigration people later checked my certificate, motivated by my result and encouraged me to proceed on my journey and told me to do well outside the country and come back to Nigeria to make Nigeria great while the NDLEA collected N1000 after checking me and not found anything on me. These at times discourage me and anytime I remember this, I feel unhappy because I suffered for all these money they collected from me for almost 2 weeks on getting to Malaysia.
Source: Egunje

No comments:

Post a Comment