ADD1

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SURPRISING: It Is Time For Dialogue - Boko Haram


Boko Haram Says No More Fighting, Insist On Dialogue…Six Killed in Maiduguri
A splinter group of the Islamic Boko Haram group, led by Sheikh Abdulaziz Ibn Adam on Saturday insisted that it was ready to dialogue with government to the group’s current bloody campaign.
According to NAN report, Ibn Adam made the announcement at a news conference in Maiduguri.
He said that the group had come to realise that it could not achieve its aim through violence.
”You will recall that we announced a cease fire last month as a precondition for talks with government.
“But sadly after a few days of respite, violent began again in the country,” he said.
Ibn Adam said that the group was not responsible for the renewed violence in some parts of Borno.
”Those currently engaged in this violence are not our people because our people are obedient to their leaders.
”Since the leadership has asked them to cease fire, they won’t continue with violence,” he said.
Ibn Adam said that the group would go after those who still engaged in violent campaign since they had been warned severally.
He said that the leader of the sect Sheikh Abubabak Shekau was behind the cease fire agreement and hence all members must abide or face sanctions.
Meanwhile, suspected Boko Haram members had on Saturday night kill six persons  during a gun battle in Ngalda town 170 kilometers away from Damaturu, Yobe State Capital.
Spokesman of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Yobe State, Lieutenant Eli Lazarus confirmed on phone today that” six people were killed by suspected Boko Haram members in an attack on Ngalda town”.
“Yes six people were killed by suspected boko Haram terrorist but no arrest made yet. We appeal to  residents are  collaborate with the security agencies by giving credible information that could lead to arrest of perpetrators”.
Eli said.
Sources said the gunmen invaded the town on Saturday at about 8:00 pm and. Start shooting sporadically.
“There was confusion everywhere and in the process, they shot six people dead,”  a security official said
Residents said they sighted the gunmen at the suburb of the town hours before they carried out the attack but had failed to report to the security operatives for fear of reprisal.
Source: Pointblank News