ADD1

Friday, February 22, 2013

BLOODBATH: Man Kill Lover, Pregnant Woman And Others?


Jilted man kills lover, pregnant woman, five others
In what seemed like a horror film, a 27-year-old man walked into his girlfriend’s family home at Igando, a suburb of Lagos and shot dead seven persons, including an eight-month pregnant mother of three. He also shot and wounded two others.
The tragedy occurred between Saturday night and Sunday morning, when Johnson (not his real names), a native of Imo State, visited the homes of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Ekene Ozor and that of Mr. and Mrs. Odia in the night and shot his victims in cold blood. Johnson was said to have had a relationship with the late Sandra Ijedinma, which the family did not approve of. Their disapproval infuriated Johnson and he decided to wipe out the entire family.
According to an eyewitness, Johnson, who first visited the Ozors, first saw Katherine, his girlfriend’s twin sister at the door, pointed a gun at her and directed her to lead him to others. On entering the house, he shot Katherine; Sandra, his girlfriend; Mrs. Ozor, who tried to escape; her first daughter, Happiness and second daughter, Bethel. While others died on the spot, Katherine, as well as Bethel, who was shot in the stomach, survived and were rushed to an undisclosed hospital.
Not done with his killing spree, Johnson went to the home of the Odias, and killed Mrs. Ngozi Odia, elder sister to the girlfriend and her three children: Angela, 12; Chidinma, 10 and Chinenye, 8. Thereafter, Johnson used Sandra’s phone to call Mr. Ozor to know his whereabouts to gun him down. Johnson, however, spared three-year-old Miss Victory.
Narrating his ordeal, Mr. Ozor said he received a call at about 9.30p.m on that fateful day with Sandra’s number. On answering the call, it turned out to be Johnson, who asked him his whereabouts and threatened to get him.
Ozor spoke further: “I was surprised when I received the call. He said, ‘this is not Sandra, I am coming for you. Anywhere you are I must get you.’ I asked him, who are you and what is the threat for, but he off the phone.” Startled, Ozor said he quickly called his family- wife, Sandra and Katherine. Although their phones rang, none of them answered. “I had to call my landlord and he told me that something tragic has happened in my flat and that I should come home immediately.
That was how I started going home but for security purpose, I had to stop over at Igando police station. I was there throughout that night until the early hours of Sunday. The policemen and I then went to my house and to my greatest horror, I saw my wife and others dead and soaked in their blood.”
The distraught man called on the Inspector General of Police to beef up security around Igbodo and Agbor in Delta State, where the extended families reside. According to him, since the dastardly act, Johnson had been threatening him on phone, saying he would wipe him out and his entire village. Johnson’s whereabouts had remained unknown while the corpses had been deposited in the mortuary. The matter had been reported to the police.
Source: Sun News

No comments:

Post a Comment