Chief Mike Ozekhome, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN), has reportedly been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
He was said to have been kidnapped on Friday along the Benin-Auchi road.
Policemen sent to rescue him were also said to have been killed according to state government official.
Source: The Nation
UPDATE: We want N150 million - Kidnappers
There were conflicting reports on the whereabouts of kidnapped Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozekhome, his driver and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Athanasious Ugbomhe who were abducted in Edo State last Friday.
While reports in the social media indicated that Ozekhome’s abductors have contacted his family and demanded for a ransom of N150 million with three days ultimatum, the lawyer’s elder brother, Pius, reportedly told a confidant that no member of the family had been contacted as at Tuesday morning.
However, a close friend of Ugbomhe told journalists that the kidnappers demanded for N100 million for his release.
He said, “This man has health condition that requires constant attention. He is a good person and not a moneybag. They should please release him unconditionally.”