ADD1

Thursday, June 27, 2013

REVEALED: Danbaba Sunta Not Brain Dead?


Bedridden Governor of Taraba State, Danbaba Suntai on Tuesday spoke with President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President, Namadi Sambo just as he received his colleague, Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam and his wife, Mrs. Yemisi Suswam in New York, where he’s currently receiving treatment.
NAN reported that the embattled Governor was happy in New York, as he spoke with top Nigerian leaders and interacted with Governor Suswam and his wife.
It was also reported that the Governor who was described by Suswam as gaining more weight, on sighting his guest and wife Yemisi Suswam, immediately stood up for a quick hand shake and exchange of pleasantries.
It was gathered that the duo later went into jokes and spoke at length about the happenings in the country.
Within the period, Suntai was with his visitors, the Governor also had telephone conversations with President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President, Namadi Sambo who called in.
According to Suswam, “When he saw me, he greeted me, he smiled. You know, we have a name we call ourselves. I call him, Malam Suntai, he calls me Alhaji Suswam, when I called him Malam Suntan he burst into laughter.
“He was quite excited seeing me because the last time I saw him, was when he was in Germany. At that point, he was still in the Intensive Care Unit ,ICU, that was some few months back.
“We shook hands, he stood up, we cracked jokes, we discussed generally, like I said, I made a phone call to the vice president who spoke with him.
“I was quite excited that I met him in very good condition. We held discussions about the country, about his health and my interactions with him shows he has recovered substantially and we are just waiting for him to actually get back to Nigeria and resume work.
“For someone whose condition was quite critical from a plane crash, it is a miracle, because people hardly survive plane crashes.
“That he survived and that he had recovered thus far is the mercy of God. I think he is taking it easy too and I’m thanking God for what God has done to him.”
Suntai is currently at the Sea View Hospital Rehabilitation Centre and Home, where he is recuperating from the injury he suffered after his aircraft crashed in Adamawa state, while attempting to land in October, 2012.
Source: NAN

No comments:

Post a Comment