ADD1

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2015 ELECTION: Only God Knows - OBJ

Ahead of another general elections in the country , Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Tuesday has said only God knows who becomes leaders.
He urged Christians to keep “fasting and praying” for God to see the country through its sundry challenges.
The former President who spoke in his Abeokuta residence when the leadership of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria(PFN), Dr Felix Omobude, paid him a courtesy visit.
He expressed confidence that regardless of what the present challenges of the country are, God would see Nigerians through.
Obasanjo said early in his life as a military man, he had seen the country witnessed many turbulent eras and that just as everybody had thought the end was certain, God in his benevolence saw Nigeria through the ups and down.
He said Nigeria is a “God’s project” and has kept her as one indivisible entity despite the experience of war among other challenging problems plaguing her.
Obasanjo said :”If there is anything that I would ask of you, it is that you should never stop fasting and praying for Nigeria I always say that I’m an incurable optimist about this country.
“In my short span of life, I have seen a few unexpected things in this country when we thought that the end would just happen, but God made us to scale through.
“I personally never thought we would have a leader like (late Sanni) Abacha in this country, I was a victim(of his despotism) but God saw us through that situation.
“There is no situation we see or worry about that God will not see us through. That is my believe and that is what gives me confidence, it gives me courage, it gives me the ability to work for the country’s unity.
“No matter what is happening, as me and the country, all will be well. And those of you who believe all will be well for Nigeria should continue to shout Hallelujah. God has done it for us.”
In his remarks, Omobude who arrived Obasanjo’s home in company of PFN leadership in the state as well as pastors described Obasanjo as a “special treasure to Nigeria” who would continue to be pivotal in the affairs of the country.
Omobude however, assured that the PFN would not relent in its calling to pray for the peace, unity and progress of Nigeria, saying that is part of their pastoral duties to the country and its leaders.
Source: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment