ADD1

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

IMAGINE: 15 Year Old Marriage Dissolved Over Battery?

An Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State on Wednesday dissolved the 15-year old marriage of a trader, Mrs Oluwayemisi Tijani, over battery.
The 38-year old woman had filed the suit on Oct. 29, claiming that her husband, a carpenter, used to batter her in public places.

The President of the Court, Mr Emmanuel Daniel, said that the court granted the prayer because it could not reconcile the differences of the couple.
Daniel, however, ordered the defendant to pay N10,000 for the feeding of the three children of the union, adding that the defendant should also be responsible for the schooling of the children.
According to him, the children’s stay with Oluwayemisi is to await the family court to decide their custody.
The petitioner, who resides at Parafa, on Lucky Fibre Road, Ikorodu, also alleged that her 42-year old husband, Tajudeen, threatened her life through text messages.
“My husband batters me to the extent that I go to the hospital on admission.
“He tears my cloth anytime he beats me up in the public and also curses me through text messages.
“I have packed out of his house since March because I don`t want him to kill me,” she earlier told the court.
However, the husband, a father of three children, begged for reconciliation but the marriage was dissolved.
Source: NAN

No comments:

Post a Comment